Mercury Twenty Gallery 25 Grand Ave Oakland California/featuring Anna Vaughan and Mary Curtis Ratcliff in July of 2009


Mercury Twenty Gallery 25 Grand Ave Oakland California/featuring Anna Vaughan and Mary Curtis Ratcliff in July of 2009.
I had the good fortune to show with Anna Vaughn last year at Mercury20 and the show as a whole was one of my favorites that I have evr been in. Part of the reason is because her work is so strong. At that time she was showing this amazing large ceramic sculpture of a frog surrounded by her eggs. My then 2 year old son proceeded to pick a couple of the eggs off the wall...Thankfully they were not harmed and Anna was forgiving.
This year Anna is showing one of my favorite sculptures I have seen all year. She calls the piece "Bee Bomb" LOVE it.!
Mary Curtis Ratcliff is showing with Anna and is making these wonderful installations of xerox transfers on wood. She displays them so artfully in groupings of five or more so that they play off of each other. I am drawn to the round format too. It is no wonder that a bunch were sold on Friday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

my studio

my studio
where all the painting happens

A Wall in my Studio

A Wall in my Studio
thoughts and ideas

Dear Me

Dear Me
Oil Painting - myself as a deer

The NightJar

My photo
A daily (hopefully) log of things in my life. i am an artist, a painter who uses oil and encaustic. College teacher, wife and mom to boy/girl twins.

Sweet Pea (or Peg Leg Poo)

Sweet Pea (or Peg Leg Poo)
argh mateys!